Leadership Program for JDC Entwine Insider Trips
Entwine’s trip chairs are leaders on Insider Trips who help drive trip-based learning, group dynamics and post-trip assiyah (action). As ambassadors of JDC Entwine, Trip Chairs are empowered and equipped to use Entwine’s Insider Trips as a vehicle for developing their leadership skills. Trip Chairs help fellow participants have a more meaningful experience abroad and bring awareness of global Jewish causes to their local communities.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: DECEMBER 17
TRIP CHAIRS ARE:
- Alumni of Entwine overseas experiences who are committed to improving the Entwine trip experience, have demonstrated post-trip assiyah (action) and are seeking a leadership role within the Jewish community.
- Friendly, personable and are interested in connecting and bringing people together.
- Comfortable sharing their Entwine story and facilitating on-the-ground educational content.
WHAT DO TRIP CHAIRS DO?
- As role models, Trip Chairs share their personal Entwine story and guide participants in their post-trip journey.
- As facilitators, Trip Chairs lead two reflection sessions, two informal group building activities and one post-trip activity.
- As cohort builders, Trip Chairs support recruitment efforts, have one-on-one conversations with all participants during the trip, foster positive group dynamics, and foster excitement for post-trip projects.
- As user advocates, Trip Chairs provide feedback on the itinerary, check-in with Group Leaders daily as thought partners, and provide feedback following the trip experience.
HOW DOES ENTWINE SUPPORT TRIP CHAIRS?
JDC Entwine supports Trip Chairs personal and professional development as lay leaders by providing them with:
- Opportunities to engage in relevant issues related to the global Jewish community.
- Financial support in participating in the overseas trip experience (Trip Chairs receive a 30% discount on their trip participation fee).
- Skills-based training (one virtual learning retreat).
- Coaching from an Entwine staff member (at least two calls before the trip and one following).
- A network of lay leaders committed to global Jewish causes.
*Note: This opportunity is open to alumni who are not participating in another JDC Entwine leadership program during the same calendar year (ex: Jewish Service Corps, Community Reps, etc.). Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions