Journey to Hungary with other San Diego-area young adults on Inside Jewish Budapest! Take in the sights and sounds of this iconic city through the historic Jewish Quarter, relax in thermal baths, sample local cuisine and visit the Dohány Synagogue, one of the largest synagogues in the world. Connect with local leaders and learn more about the notion of collective responsibility that’s present within this vibrant Jewish community.
Please Note: This journey is only open to San Diego-area young professionals.
- Take in the sites of Budapest, including its historic Jewish quarter, now home to an electric array of restaurants, historic ruin bars, and galleries, and relax in true Hungarian style with a visit to the local thermal baths.
- Visit the Dohány Synagogue, one of the largest synagogues in the world, and the Mozaik Jewish community Hub, the innovated Jewish co-working space making waves in the non-profit world in Hungary.
- Gain an in depth understanding of diverse community programming being offered to the local Jews (through JDC supported programs), such as the Balint JCC and Aurora.
- Sample the delicious Hungarian cuisine and wine and take some time to slow down and absorb the local culture.
- Exchange with Hungarian local young professionals and community leaders to gain a unique perspective of current challenges, their efforts to find solutions, and the notion of collective responsibility.
“This trip was fantastic — Hungary is one of my favorite countries! The most impactful part of this trip for me was hearing stories from people who rediscovered their Jewish roots and then became involved in Jewish life. That’s so meaningful, and I’m grateful I got to know some of these community members!”
— Past Inside Jewish Budapest participant
$1,500 (airfare not included)
*Please note that your participation fee does not include international airfare. Travel and cancellation insurance is required.
December 5-12, 2023
The safety and security of our participants is of the utmost importance. To protect our participants and the communities which we visit, JDC Entwine requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination for program participation. Additionally, JDC Entwine will be following rules and regulations set forth by local government officials. Trip participants will agree to abide by all COVID protocols set forth by both governing bodies and JDC Entwine staff and partners. Travel always assumes some risks and participants are aware of the medical risks associated with travel. This trip is subject to COVID protocol updates, changes, and cancellation.
For more information on Entwine’s COVID-19 Policy for Insider Trips, see here.
Explore more trips
Take in the stunning views of Cape Town from Table Mountain, visit the bustling Oranjezicht market, and soak up in all that this colorful city has to offer.read more
Breathe in fresh mountain air on a hike around Big Almaty lake, engage with elderly clients from the Jewish Community Center of Almaty, and visit Osh Bazaar, one of the largest bazaars in Bishkek.read more
Join young adults 21-27 gain an exclusive pass to Cuba — an island so close in proximity but that remains a mystery to many.read more