Odessa & Kharkov
Experience first-hand the thriving Jewish community of Kharkov, Ukraine’s second largest city and the former capital, a major cultural, scientific, educational, and industrial center, and Odessa, a charming historical city on the shores of the Black Sea.
Inside Jewish Odessa & Kharkov has been made possible with the generous support of Genesis Philanthropy Group.
- Visit Odessa’s sites including a tour of the Jewish underground catacombs and moving experiences at the opera house.
- Explore your own global identity and cultural memory through dynamic interactions, discussions, and walking tours of Kharkov’s key sites including synagogues, memorials, museums and Gorky Park.
- Hang out with your young professional Ukrainian counterparts, and experience their exciting initiatives addressing community needs.
- Engage with JDC’s global responsibility work with Odessa’s elderly, teens, and children by visiting Chesed Social Welfare Centers, Jewish Community Centers, and through home visits with elderly receiving JDC aid.
- Enjoy a vibrant Shabbat experience with the local Jewish community.
This trip is ideal for young professionals from a Russian Speaking Jewish background (with at least one parent who was born in the Former Soviet Union) who are curious about global issues and who enjoy traveling in groups with like-minded peers.
EARLY BIRD PARTICIPATION FEE (APPLICATIONS RECEIVED BY JUNE 20):
REGULAR TRIP FEE (APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AFTER JUNE 20):
(Original trip price without subsidization: $3200)
October 27 – November 3, 2019
June 30, 2019
About JDC in Ukraine
Explore more trips
Gain an exclusive pass to Cuba – an island so close in proximity but that remains a mystery to many.read more
Explore Argentina and connect with a group of LGBTQ+ Jewish young professionals through this one-of-a-kind Insider Trip.read more
ReJoint is a new leadership initiative designed exclusively for alumni of Entwine’s global immersive experiences.read more