March 2 – 10, 2020
Join young professionals for this unique experience at the Agahozo-Shalom Youth Village (ASYV) – the supportive community that is changing Rwanda. A residential community in rural Rwanda, ASYV was started as a home for youth who were orphaned during and after the genocide in 1994. Participate in meaningful exchange with the remarkable students and explore Rwanda’s tumultuous history and impressive revitalization.
- Immerse in village life; spend the week getting to know the incredible students, staff, and volunteers of the Agahozo-Shalom Youth Village
- Dig into Rwanda’s history with visits to the Kigali Genocide Memorial Center, Nyamata Memorial site and briefings with local experts
- Explore the capital city of Kigali and surrounding villages to get an authentic feel for life in Rwanda
- Participate in and help facilitate English, art and technology classes, farming initiatives, sports programs, and more
- Engage in dynamic conversations around the topic of global Jewish responsibility and its value in international development
- Enjoy a day trip safari in the Akagera National Park
“I didn’t understand how incredible Rwanda was until I saw it for myself. There’s a spirit that not only emanates from the land but from the people and the rhythms of each day.”
– Insider Trip Participant
*Please note that participation fee for this experience includes $300 to be donated directly to ASYV to help ensure the organization’s future. If participants are interested in further fundraising, ASYV can create a peer-to-peer fundraising website for the group to assist in this important effort. More information will be shared upon notification of acceptance.
(This trip has been highly subsidized in order to provide greater access and opportunity. Average actual cost of an Entwine Insider Trip is estimated at $4,500/person)
Local transportation within Rwanda
Hotel accommodations (double occupancy)
Site visits, briefings, tours, etc.
Medical and emergency evacuation insurance
*Please note that your participation fee does not include international airfare.
March 2 – 10, 2019
(GROUND DATES ONLY, does not include international flight)
October 16, 2019
ASYV began as a special project supported by JDC and is a residential community in rural Rwanda, home to youth who were orphaned during and after the genocide in 1994. The Village is designed to care for, protect and nurture its students while developing Rwanda’s future leaders. Within ASYV’s supportive and structured community, the rhythm of life is being restored, with the ultimate goal of equipping young people who have lived through great trauma to become healthy, self-sufficient, and engaged in the rebuilding of their nation. Visit ASYV.org to learn more.
Explore more trips
Travel with young professionals and enagage with JDC’s critical international development work in India.read more
Spend an intensive and impactful two weeks in India with college juniors and seniors currently on, or who have completed, study abroad experiences.read more
Inside Morocco is a unique opportunity to join a cohort of 20 young Jewish leaders from across the globe to explore JDC’s work in the country.read more