June 29 – July 5, 2020
Join this faraway journey to experience all the Near East has to offer! Soak up a culture full of diverse languages, religious minorities, and ethnic groups while learning about the renewal of Jewish life in a post-communist society through visits to local institutions and conversations with community members.
- Explore the diverse Jewish communities of Tbilisi & Gori
- Spend time in the Georgian countryside, which is known as the birthplace of wine, and visit medieval castles and monasteries
- Engage with elderly community members in their homes to learn about JDC’s Hesed welfare program
- Lead activities for at-risk children, teens, and parents served by Jewish Family Service
- Participate in dynamic conversations around the value of global Jewish responsibility
- Immerse yourself in the local culture – experience traditional Georgian cuisine, dance, architecture and more!
“Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.”
(This trip has been highly subsidized in order to provide greater access and opportunity. Average actual cost of an Entwine Insider Trip is estimated at $4,500/person)
Hotel accommodations (double occupancy)
Site visits, briefings, tours, etc.
Medical and emergency evacuation insurance.
*Please note that your participation fee does not include international airfare.
June 29 – July 5, 2020
(GROUND DATES ONLY, does not include international flight)
January 30, 2020
About JDC in Georgia
Stretching from the Caucus Mountains to the coasts of the Black Sea, Georgia is home to a diverse array of languages, cultures, religious minorities, and ethnic groups. The Jewish communities of this region are comprised of two separately led groups: those who can trace their history in the region back thousands of years and the newer arrivals, predominantly Ashkenazi Jews, who settled there mostly during the 20th century. While centers of Jewish life are mostly concentrated in the capital, Tbilisi, there are many smaller Jewish communities across the country.
Explore more trips
Join us on Discover Ethiopia, A Different Kind of Tripread more
Journey to the Far East to explore the past and present of Singapore’s and Hong Kong’s Jewish communities.read more
Journey to Morocco with like-minded young professionals and unravel the complex history of the Jewish community.read more