Entwine's community representatives are a group of volunteer leaders responsible for bringing global jewish causes to their local communities.
The Community Representatives (Community Reps) program is Entwine’s one-year leadership development program for emerging lay leaders.
As ambassadors of Entwine, Community Reps are empowered and equipped to use Entwine’s platform as a vehicle for developing their leadership skills and bringing awareness and connection about global Jewish causes to their local communities.
Applications are now closed for the 2019 Community Reps cohort.
COMMUNITY REPS ARE:
- Alumni of Entwine overseas experiences who have demonstrated their leadership capacity and commitment to global Jewish responsibility.
- Friendly, movers and shakers, who are interested in connecting and bringing people together.
- Comfortable speaking in public about global Jewish causes.
WHAT DO COMMUNITY REPS DO?
- As ambassadors, Community Reps are called upon to speak on Entwine’s behalf, including conversations with potential trip participants, alumni, and at larger events.
- As program planners, Community Reps are responsible for planning two unique events to connect their local community to global Jewish communities and causes.
- As advisers, Community Reps are asked to keep their finger on the pulse of their local communities and share relevant insights as it relates to Entwine’s offerings.
HOW DOES ENTWINE SUPPORT COMMUNITY REPS?
We support Community Reps personal and professional development as lay leaders by providing them with:
- Opportunities to engage in relevant issues related to the global Jewish community.
- Financial support in planning and implementing programs in their local communities (Community Reps receive a $500 stipend for their service).
- Skills-based trainings (two learning retreats).
- Coaching from an Entwine staff member.
- A network of lay leaders committed to global Jewish causes.
Application Information & Important Dates
- Application Deadline: November 19, 2018
- Term Begins: January 1, 2019
- First Leadership Retreat: February 8-10, 2019
- Second leadership Retreat: August 2019 (Exact Dates TBD)
- Term Ends: December 31, 2019