in partnership with The Jewish Federation
of Greater Los Angeles
November 4-12, 2018
Inside Jewish Morocco, exclusively for young professionals from the Los Angeles area, is an opportunity to engage with a truly unique and historic North-African Jewish community. Explore the culture and history of Fez, Meknes, Rabat, Casablanca and Marrakech, and their distinct, but interconnected Jewish communities. This trip is in partnership with The Jewish Federation of Greater Los Angeles.
- Travel with other young professionals from the Los Angeles area.
- Explore the ancient Jewish communities of Fez, Meknes, Rabat, Casablanca and Marrakech, while connecting with local Moroccan community members.
- Participate in a meaningful dialogue about coexistence in Morocco with Jewish & Muslim teens and young professionals.
- Learn about JDC’s welfare assistance programs, made possible through partnerships like the one with The Jewish Federation, through home visits to elderly community members and residents of the Fred and Velva Levine Residence in Casablanca.
- Dine with Jewish community leaders and enjoy tea with the US Consul General at Villa Mirador.
- Explore the bazaars and Jewish quarters of Fez and Marrakech, Bahia Palace, King Hassan II Mosque and ancient synagogues throughout Morocco.
- Participate in a traditional cooking lesson and belly dance performance!
“Excellent balance between being with the Jewish community and learning about that community as well as learning about the history and culture of Muslim Morocco. Possibly the most meaningful trip I have ever been on.”
– Insider Trip Participant
(This trip has been generously subsidized thanks to a partnership with The Jewish Federation of Greater Los Angeles. Additional subsidies are not available.)
International flights between Los Angeles & Morocco and local transportation within Morocco
Site visits, briefings, tours, etc.
Medical and emergency evacuation insurance.
November 4-12, 2018
July 3, 2018
About JDC in Morocco
For the past decade Morocco has enjoyed unprecedented stability under the rule of King Mohammed VI, who remains popular with his people despite developments in the region. The millennia-old Jewish community of Morocco traces itself back to the destruction of the Second Temple and the expulsion from Spain in 1492. Rich with history and Sephardic tradition, Jewish life in Morocco today is strong and dynamic, with some 3,000 Jews living in Casablanca and smaller communities sprinkled throughout the country’s periphery. JDC began working in Morocco in the 1940s, assisting refugees from Nazi Europe who had escaped to Tangier. Throughout the country, JDC partners with and provides critical assistance to local Jewish institutions to help implement a range of relief, education, and community strengthening programs.
About The Jewish Federation of Greater Los Angeles
Based on Jewish values, The Jewish Federation of Greater Los Angeles convenes and leads the community and leverages its resources to assure the continuity of the Jewish people, support a secure State of Israel, care for Jews in need here and abroad, and mobilize on issues of concern to the local community, all with our local, national, and international partners. More vibrant and diverse than ever before, The Jewish Federation of Greater Los Angeles provides infinite opportunities for young adults in their 20s and 30s to redefine what it means to be Jewish in LA. We offer leadership programs, social and professional networking events, travel opportunities and more. Whatever it is, we’ll help you find it – and if doesn’t exist? We’ll help you create it. Here is the front door to the world of ever-evolving Jewish life in LA. The Jewish Federation of Greater Los Angeles welcomes all young adults, regardless of religious practice, heritage, skin color, sexual orientation, gender, ability, or life stage.
Explore more trips
Entwine and REALITY are thrilled to partner on Inside India to experience India and explore our personal commitment to global responsibility.read more
Inside Jewish Berlin & Budapest is a one-of-a-kind opportunity for Jewish LGBTQ+ young professionals to learn about JDC’s vital work in this region.read more
Join young professionals from around the UK and North America for this unique immersive experience with the Agahozo-Shalom Youth Village (ASYV).read more